Saturday, March 19, 2011

Closet Princess

I'm a closet princess.

Nope. It's not like it sounds. I mean I'm a closet princess, literally!

I've had a long standing affection for my closet. I've had it since I was small. I used to hang out in it when I was in grade school. I would sit in my tiny dark closet, doing nothing for hours on end. I have no idea why I thought it was cool to hang out in a small box that looked like an oversized upright coffin but it made me happy so I did it anyway. For some unknown reason, it just made me happy. =)

In the '80s, I had a small free-standing closet, half of which, I could fit into. In the '90s, I had a bigger built-in closet that was nailed to the wall. Two people could fit in it but I had it all to myself. What's not to love?

A year and a half ago, I had a walk-in closet made just for me. It has drawers, 3 hanging clothes racks, shelves for shoe & bags and nooks & crannies galore. It's always scented with lavender sachets mixed with the strong smell of Downy. It's everything a girl would want in a medium-sized closet. The first time I hung out in it, I was in the 7th heaven of delight!


Nope. This is not my closet although I wish it were.

I still hang out in my closet a lot. I have a small chair in there that I sit on when I need to do a lot of thinking. My friends would laugh at me everytime I text them from my closet but I don't care. Let them think I'm crazy.

I'm a closet princess and I'm proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment